In this packed episode, we invite Bob Moesta on the show to show us how to do interviews that uncover Jobs to Be Done.
In this episode:
- Bob conducts and interview of my friend Derek on a major purchase to undercover the underlying Job to Be Done
- Bob and I analyze the interview and the insights
- We talk the uses of the insights that can be applied directly to sales, product development, and marketing activity
- Never ask what people wish existed while doing research. Ask about the progress they're trying to make.
- Make people feel comfortable. Ask for and use names of people in their stories.
- Use the insights to develop your product, train your sales team, and derive marketing messaging
- Understanding progress your customers want to make make helps you orient your operations around that knowledge, and improves customer experience because you are built to please!
- Bob honed his interviewing skills by learning from law enforcement agents. Check out Chris Voss's Never Split the Difference to learn more about the tactics. Link below!
- Never Split the Difference, Chris Voss
- Competing Against Luck, Clayton Christensen, Karen Dillon, and David S. Duncan
- Demand-Side Sales 101, Bob Moesta and Greg Engle
This episode is brought to you by Active Digital.
Connect with Devin
Subscribe and Review
If you enjoyed this episode, make sure to subscribe to our podcast so you'll never miss an episode. We'd also appreciate if you could leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. Your reviews help us reach more people and create a bigger impact.